Rendering test of ‘Pepper’ my original character for my comic project.Pencil + Krita

Rendering test of ‘Pepper’ my original character for my comic project.

Pencil + Krita

Personnal training artworks about edges and values on Krita 2.8.The two portraits ( random characters ) are painted without references, as usual just from my imagination. On the boy’s portrait, I tried the famous ‘rembrandt lighting’ setup. It’s a lighting setup where the nose’s casted shadow extend and merge into the core shadow of the head. It usually produces a dramatic lighting effect, especially with a big contrast. I probably didn’t creased my values enough to produce it.  On the brush side and rendering, I still feel I’m wasting energy on making a lot of useless strokes. I need to be more effective and blend less my strokes. Maybe I’m abusing too much of low opacity strokes to ‘correct’ things ? that’s the quest of my next trainings… Never-ending-training … :-)
Zoom Info
Personnal training artworks about edges and values on Krita 2.8.The two portraits ( random characters ) are painted without references, as usual just from my imagination. On the boy’s portrait, I tried the famous ‘rembrandt lighting’ setup. It’s a lighting setup where the nose’s casted shadow extend and merge into the core shadow of the head. It usually produces a dramatic lighting effect, especially with a big contrast. I probably didn’t creased my values enough to produce it.  On the brush side and rendering, I still feel I’m wasting energy on making a lot of useless strokes. I need to be more effective and blend less my strokes. Maybe I’m abusing too much of low opacity strokes to ‘correct’ things ? that’s the quest of my next trainings… Never-ending-training … :-)
Zoom Info

Personnal training artworks about edges and values on Krita 2.8.
The two portraits ( random characters ) are painted without references, as usual just from my imagination. On the boy’s portrait, I tried the famous ‘rembrandt lighting’ setup. It’s a lighting setup where the nose’s casted shadow extend and merge into the core shadow of the head. It usually produces a dramatic lighting effect, especially with a big contrast. I probably didn’t creased my values enough to produce it. 
On the brush side and rendering, I still feel I’m wasting energy on making a lot of useless strokes. I need to be more effective and blend less my strokes. Maybe I’m abusing too much of low opacity strokes to ‘correct’ things ? that’s the quest of my next trainings… Never-ending-training … :-)

A character design I made for the Gooseberry project. I’m art-directing a fantasy part of this future movie project. It’s a project made by the Blender Foundation. More info for help to fund it : gooseberry.blender.org/Made with Krita Licensed under a CC-By : Any usage of the artwork ( commercial, derivations, etc … ) are allowed if providing back the credit.

A character design I made for the Gooseberry project. I’m art-directing a fantasy part of this future movie project. It’s a project made by the Blender Foundation. More info for help to fund it : gooseberry.blender.org/

Made with Krita
Licensed under a CC-By : Any usage of the artwork ( commercial, derivations, etc … ) are allowed if providing back the credit.

Brush and material studies over a classic fantasy theme. Krita ( testing 2.8 dev branch in depht before release. )

Brush and material studies over a classic fantasy theme.
Krita ( testing 2.8 dev branch in depht before release. )